Sunday, July 1, 2012

Team 13 Training Program

I bought a new TREK mountain bike this weekend and now I'll be ready for the start of Team 13, the official training program for the Evansville Half Marathon. This year instead of running, I'll be biking the course with other ProRehab therapists providing first aid support for the long runs. If you're thinking about running the half marathon in October, I highly recommend the Team 13 training! My first half marathon, I tried training on my own and although I finished, I wasn't happy with my performance. Just 2 months later I started Team 13 and completed the Evansville Half Marathon with an improved time by over an HOUR! Having a training group works!

If you are interested in signing up for Team 13, there is an informational meeting on July 7th at the Downtown YMCA. You can arrive any time between 7:30-10:00 am to learn more about the program and sign up. The cost is $20 for YMCA members and $30 for non-members. You will receive a t-shirt, door prizes, presentations from local businesses on shoe wear and training tips, a special bib for race day, and most importantly (in my opinion) training partners and new friends that have the same ambition you do: to complete a HALF MARATHON!

Thanks Gilles Cycling for helping me find the right bike and for speedy delivery!

I'm ready, are you??

No comments:

Post a Comment